Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I am into recycling and have invented a product out of another

I am into recycling and have invented a product out of another companies product after it has been used and discarded. What should I do with this idea, and can I use it as my own. I know that it works and believe I could sell a lot of them.

christhelawyer :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear

christhelawyer :

You may want to consider a patent if this is an original idea, and to protect this you would need to consult with a patent attorney. Most patent attorneys will be happy to have ageneral discussion and quickly tell you if this is an idea which can be patented.

christhelawyer :

If you get a patent then this will protect your idea and enable you to perhaps sell it to others and earn royalties.