Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I went to Carls JR last night and I ordered a meal when I

I went to Carl's JR last night and I ordered a meal when I was about to eat it I found out that there was a insect in my burger. They gave me a refund for the meal. can I sue them? And what's my rights? Could you please Gide me please. Thanks

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : Under the Consumer Guarantees Act you are entitled to a refund. However in New Zealand you cannot sue for personal injury resulting from this, because of the Accident Compensation Act which prevents claims for personal injury.
christhelawyer : you can complain to the local council, who administer health and safety for food premises, and they may choose to inspect, and if there is a problem, they could prosecute the company.