Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

What are my rights if I bought a car on Monday and I have been

What are my rights if I bought a car on Monday and I have been told that the car sounds like it has a problem with the motor?

I went to see the car dealership that the car came from and they told me that those types of cars all have that sound? I shouldn't have believed them but at the time I did. However, others have told that it is a tapid noise (motor related) and it would cost a lot of money to repair.

Can I return the car and ask for my money back given that it has been less than a week?

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : Before returning this you need some better evidence of the problem. Under the Consumer Guarantees Act you are entitled to return and ask for a refund if the car is clearly not fit for purpose. So I suggest if you are an AA member to get one of their experts to check the car, or get an experienced mechanic. If they say the car is defective in a substantial way, that is, will fail and be costly to repair, then the dealer must accept a return and refund.

Thank you we have been successful in getting our money refunded (after some persuasion)? In any case, thank you for the information.