How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris The Lawyer Your Own Question
Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: New Zealand Law
Satisfied Customers: 22769
Experience:  38 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
Type Your New Zealand Law Question Here...
Chris The Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi if you have got permanant residence in nz from a defacto

This answer was rated:

hi if you have got permanant residence in nz from a defacto relationship with a new zealand citizen how long do you have to live with them before you can leave the relationship without loosing your permanant residence visa

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : Once you have permanent residency then you do not need to stay with your partner, unless there is a term of the permit that you must. Part from this you can leave whenever you want.
Chris The Lawyer and other New Zealand Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related New Zealand Law Questions