Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

I entered a franchise agreement 2.5 years ago (big mistake)

I entered a franchise agreement 2.5 years ago (big mistake) that is unravelling now, on the original document I signed, they actually spelt my company name wrong, is that something that could count in my favour? I should have read "Coromandel Real Estate Photographers Ltd" but instead read "Coromandel Real Estate Photography Ltd" obviously not a big thing but it's not my registered company name . .

Customer: HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
Customer: Unfortunately this mistake would not help get you out of this contract. The. Law takes a fairly liberal view of mistakes like this and it is fairly clear that this is just a minor error. The franchisor could also apply for correction under the Contractual Mistakes Act
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes quick efficient service & reply - thanks

I hope you can persuade them to let you out. There are often mediation clauses in the franchise agreement which may be a cheaper option than litigation