Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.

Do i have to pay an estate fee to have money transferred into

Do i have to pay an estate fee to have money transferred into my account from an inheritence

christhelawyer : HiWelcome to JustAnswer. My first response will follow shortly. Please feel free to follow up if anything is not clear
christhelawyer : I suspect you may be dealing with a scam. In New Zealand beneficiaries of an estate never pay for any fees, because the estate pays all costs. Whenever I see a question like yours I suspect that you are being scammed. Is this an estate of someone you know? Did this come as a surprise? Did you know the person who dies? Is this a New Zealand law firm?

Yes this was a surprise. No I did not know the person and it not a NZ firm. Thanks

I think you should be very careful here, as this is likely to be an Internet scam