Chris The Lawyer
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.
32702153

I wish to move to New Zealand where my

I wish to move to New Zealand where my son and his family reside. He has permanet residence and his wife and teenage children are citizens. Howeverm he is a geologist and works in Australia returning hom every 6-8 weeks and therefore cannot sponsor me as he does not meet the 184 days per year in New Zealand. I do not have adequate funds required to enter NZ under the Paqrent Retirement category - as far as I can understand. What are my options re entry? I am 74 yrs of age, in good health with an income of approx.. $30,00 p.a. Any help you can offer will be much appreciated - thankyou - XXX XXXXXXX
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  T_Graham12 replied 4 years ago.

You have posted this to the European Law category. This is a New Zealand Law question and I have therefore requested it is re-categorised in to that category.

It may take some time though.

Good luck.

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do apologise - thank you for your assistance - Ann Hammond
Expert:  Chris The Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer. The problem you face is that a work visa is not really an option, and the parent category has a very ling waiting list. If you dont have funds for the parent retirement category all I can suggest is to go on the waiting list for the
Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer. The problem you face is that a work visa is not really an option, and the parent category has a very ling waiting list. If you dont have funds for the parent retirement category all I can suggest is to go on the waiting list for the category. From the Immigration website "New Zealand carefully plans the allocation of residence places. The Government's residence programme gives priority to skilled and business migrants and partners of returning New Zealanders. The Capped Family stream (which consists of Parent, and Sibling and Adult Child residence categories) is currently allocated 14,850 to 16,500 places between July 2011 and June 2014."

Which is not very encouraging
Chris The Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience: 37 years qualified as a lawyer; LLB, MMgt and FAMINZ.