Katrina Bell
Katrina Bell, Enrolled Barrister & Solicitor HCNZ
Experience:  LLB (Honours, First Class)
16173034

This is the first ever New Zealand Law question! An accept

This is the first ever New Zealand Law question! An accept to the first person who can answer it:

What is the most interesting New Zealand law case you have worked on and why? Was it a dispute between a landlord and a tenant? Dividing up relationship property? Determining a parent's custodial rights?
Category: New Zealand Law
Expert:  Katrina Bell replied 4 years ago.

My most interesting was a child protection case envolving state agencies. The case had been active for 12 years so the paperwork was phenominal. The outcome was that the parents had to be advised that they were not the most suitable gaurdians for the children and assisting them to come to terms with that decision. It was interesting as it involved "lawyer as counsellors" and being in the unenviable position of having to tell a client that 1. they had no possibility of winning their cause of action and 2. it was not in anyone's best interests to continue the action.

Regards, Katrina

Experience: LLB (Honours, First Class)