Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I saw a general surgeon said I need a neurosurgeon I have a

Customer Question

I saw a general surgeon said I need a neurosurgeon I have a growth on the outside of scull bone want it removed I've gotten referrals and then they can't help me how can I get this thing removed it's becoming a nuisance
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

did you see the neurosurgeon already?

why can't they do the surgery to remove it for you?

is the growth hard or soft?

you may have to find another plastic surgeon or neurosurgeon to do the procedure.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No a general surgeon she said a neurosurgeon had to do it it is cushy but hard my plan says I don't need a referral to see specialist they insist I need one I just want the thing removed it's becoming a nuisance how do I get it done

if your health insurance plan doesn't need a referral for you, you should just call up a neurosurgeon office to make an appointment.

do you need help to find a neurosurgeon close to you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did and they said they need a referral I can get one but if my plan says I don't why do I have to jump through these hoops it's annoying

the neurosurgery office is most likely used to other insurance plans which say they need a referral

you haven't been seen in this neurosurgery office, so most likely they don't know the type of health insurance plan you have.

so get a referral from your primary care doctor or your general surgeon to get you into their office

and once you get in to see them, they can scan your insurance information and figure out you didn't need a referral.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll down to see the ratings area in blue

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com