DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have question regarding my mom. She is 72 years old and

Customer Question

I have question regarding my mom. She is 72 years old and has, for a year, been having severe hoarseness and now some slurring of speech and occasional balance issues. She has seen an Ortho. Dr. and a Neurologist as well as an ENT within the year. They had come to the conclusion that her symptoms were coming from cervical spondylosis/degenerative changes in the cervical spine. Can you have worsening neurological symptoms from cervical spondylosis?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: She has them
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She has also noticed a change in her "bite"..feeling as though her jaw is being thrusted forward.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Some of the symptoms you mentioned can be due to cervical spine problem. But symptoms like hoarseness are generally not common in cervical spine lesions. In such cases a local cause like inflamed vocal cord or a mass on the cords needs to be looked for. Secondly a cause in the brain should also be sought for a slurred speech. I would like that she should have an MRI of the brain as well.

Good luck

I am available and happy to assist you any further if you do need any further clarification on this

Do feel free to ask for any further information till you are satisfied that I have provided you with a 5 star rating service.

Regards