Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have neurologic upper back pain, in the form of electric

Customer Question

I have neurologic upper back pain, in the form of electric sensation. If I lay down, the back pain goes away. If I sit, stand, or walk, I have the upper back electrical pain sensation. Are there injectable toxins that can deaden the 1-square foot of region in my upper back, that will terminate all sensations in that region. Vance Usher,(###) ###-####
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: The pain originated from a car I was driving that spun in the ice and rear-ended a tree, that then started the unabated upper back pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I contracted herpes in my 20 years age range, but have no symptoms carried over into my current age of 65.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

This could be radiculopathy or nerve impingement, first of all, that needs to be confirmed by a series of tests and an MRI preceded by an examination by a Neurologist. If such is the case, then yes, neurolysis can be done. Which means ethanol can be injected in to the desired area around the nerve and the nerve will cease to transmit signals. This procedure is done for individuals who experience chronic pain and paraesthesias in areas of damaged nerves.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Regards.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.