Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Is this a free service? Whats the cost? Ok Im actually

Customer Question

Is this a free service?
JA: The Neurologist's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: Whats the cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Neurologist. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Ok Im actually asking on behalf on my son. He is 34 years old and in the last 3 years has developed a head tremor that comes and goes that he does not notice. He also gets severe headaches on and off and recently has been getting bad night sweats. He had a head trauma in a football match 15 years ago and was knocked unconscious. The issues have only started since the age of 30.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Episodic and a lot at night but can last for a few days then leave.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He has not had any tests such as bloods in a long time. So not sure if there is any underlying problem.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations about your son and his head tremor. Would you prefer a summary response to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

As the assistant responded, you are certainly welcome to a refund if you feel you've reached this service in error.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im happy to move back and forth. I also needed to add that he was born with micronastagmus of the eyes. He gets by alright but not sure if this plays a part in headaches with eyes?

I see. Thank you for the clarification. Micronystagmus can somes relate to headaches, but that's a tricky question for me to answer without knowing more about his headaches and the history asssociated. Where would you like to start, first?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Heavy night sweats that are not normal. Sheets soaked along side headaches that are migraine style.

Agreed, heavy night sweats are certainly not normal. The soaked sheets, and likely fevers that come with those could be signs of an infection. If there was an infection in the body that traveled upward of the chest, the muscles in the neck, or around the head could certainly give rise to headaches - but I'm not sure how to connect them to the tremors you've described. Do they seem related to you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im not sure. It comes and goes.He has spoken to the GP who just gave him endone. Im not happy about that. he is not taking them alot as they make him feel sick and dizzy. I know they can be addictive. I feel he needs some blood tests. It seems his body is over heating. Like his thermostate is not working. Is this possible? This then causes the headaches from body temp. tremors may be a separate issue from head trauma 15 years ago.

When we think of the body thermostat, it's reasonable to start looking into the thyroid gland. Blood testing would be appropriate, to look for hyper (or hypo) active thyroid. These would be the TSH, T3 and sometimes T4 tests. I agree with you, some blood work would help us understand whether he is battling an infection, and to make sure general counts are where they should be. It is certainly possible, and perhaps more likely, as you suggest, that the tremors could be a separate concern, related to the head trauma. But, I think you deserve answers, and you are entitled to blood work if you feel like it will help you understand these concerning symptoms more appropriately!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am going to ask him to have a blood test and we can then discuss the results when they come in. This way we have a clearer picture. I will contact you again once we have the results

Fantastic. Have I missed any part of your posted question? Was I able to address the question you provided to your satisfaction? Can I clarify, or address any other related questions for you today?