Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have had Bells Palsey for six months. I was treated for

Customer Question

I have had Bells Palsey for six months. I was treated for Lymes in July. Shortly after taking the antibiotic my right side started to slacken. Never numb just slack. I have gone to therapy using vibration and sauna 3 times a week for 3 months. I have gotten some movement back but eye still not closing. I have also had acupuncture but did not respond to it. I am in excellent health. I am 58 and don't want to wait too long between doing other things that may help. This past month my right side is starting to pull up. I have been doing stretching to see if this would help this upward freeze. The asymmetry bothers me more than the eye no closing. So I am wondering if this crooked lip line will loosen up or should I see a specialist soon?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Vision is fine. Have been to eye doctor in July and September
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No medical problems in past. I typically have low blood pressure and low cholesterol
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Have you seen a neurologist?

just click send to reply