Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Increasingly I have experience neck and left side around

Customer Question

Increasingly I have experience neck and left side around lower part of ear above the ear lobe .pain and a skin streaching also on the left side of the head. The attacks have increased from one in over a month to 2 a day. I am living with a chronic back pain person who needs percussion messages up to 3 times a day and I am tired of doing them going on now for 5 years. The person is a good person whom is safe to be a room mate and pays rent(small amt 300.00)Sunday afternoon IO slept for 3 hours but upon waking the left side head pain startedup. I took 2 tylenol with 60 mg caffine and 3 naproxin 20 minutes later ,laid on a heating pad finally the meds kicked in allowing relief but theres still tension on kleft side. I am inclined to pay for a mri to rule out or in any anurism or tumor. Can you suggest more medications that may reduce frequency of the pain spells
Category: Neurology
Expert:  vakularen replied 2 months ago.

Hello,It would be prudent to get a cardiovascular work up done,including an ECG and a cardiac stress test/TMT.A muscular pain and an ear related /Temporomandibular joint related ache will present in a similar way.