Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I'm taking 100 mg. bid. I haven't had a seizure for 15-20

Customer Question

I'm taking 100 mg. bid. I haven't had a seizure for 15-20 years but I have had some mildly funny sensations (they don't show up on EEG) if I have accidentally missed a few pills over a week's time.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 4 months ago.

Greetings.

Well, in that case you may ask your doctor to consider an anti depressant drug belonging to the same ssri class as paxil but has least side effects including seizures ( extremely rare in case of its use ) and since you have tolerated paxil which is of the same class then it is very likely that you will tolerate this drug as well since it have even more favorable side effect profile than paxil and other of its class drugs.

You may consider starting at low dose of half of 20 mg / day dose ( i.e is 10 mg / day ) and after 2 weeks consider raising the dose to 20 mg / day and after 1 month further raising the dose to 40 mg / day. This drug will rake care of your depressive symptoms effectively without compromising your history of seizures.

Kindly discuss this drug and its doses with your doctor and get it tried.

I am hopeful that this drug will act as a good ploy to counter your depression and will be safe too.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards