drphophalia
drphophalia, Other
Experience:  Regularly deal with musculoskeletal neurology, spinal issues, bowel and bladder dysfunctions etc.
5625079

For peripheral nerve damage with chronic pain, tingling,

Customer Question

For peripheral nerve damage with chronic pain , tingling, occasional shooting pains down arms, left shoulder pain constant and pain eases when I prop or hold my arm up - At which discs wud i probably have degeration and would they HAVE to be herniated to cause these issues?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this chronic pain has remained in my neck for around 20 years plus degenerative lumbar discs with chronic long term pain from aged 17 in lumbar region also.
Expert:  drphophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks

The peripheral nerve damage and nerve root pain due to degenerative disc disease are two separate medical issues. Tingling, occasional shooting pain and left shoulder constant pain are likely due to degenerative disc disease at level of C5-6, C6-7 and C7-T1.

This can be established by;

1) An MRI

2) Nerve conduction velocity study (NCV). NCV can also determine the difference between peripheral nerve damage and nerve root pressure.

Wish you a very happy, prosperous, healthy and safe new year 2017.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you check out my very recent head and brain MRI scans for anything, I also have cognitive problems and feel I am declining mentally and physically as I get very severe head pain roughly 2-3 wks per month now. They started some time ago when i had sepsis episodes after major surgery (I've had 11 major full laparotomy ops on pelvic/ab due to abscesses) and septicaemia/sepsis/intensive care before this too. At the age of 21-23 I had many grand mal fits, 2 status epilepticus fits, 1 lasted 7 hours. I had stroke like symptoms during the sepsis episode phase 5 yrs ago and haven't really been the same since then. Health deteriorating, severe fatigue, numbnesses, jumpy legs, tingling, severe memory problems, lumbar and neck pain been bad since age of 17 and there is spondylothesis / sclerosis / degen arth in the family - Aunt and uncle.I use a power chair due to the terrible fatigue, chronic abdo pain, lumbar and leg/left foot pain and because my pulse is 135 most of time with IST and postural hypotension, low temp and feel fluey majority of time with stiff neck when head pain flares up at occipital and left forehead mostly with numbness also down left of face. Tested neg for thyroid. Had Rheum Factor in my blood back in 2012 but not since. Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Lupus seems possible except bloods don't show that up.
Could you report your findings please? I'd really appreciate it!
Please click on this link for my MRI images on Google drive. Many many thanks.
.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwXYvX47UEx4TDk4SHBYTHpZT1k