Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I fractured my c4 c5 vertebrae dec. 24th 2014, and had a

Customer Question

I fractured my c4 c5 vertebrae dec. 24th 2014, and had a fusion done between them. lately ive been experiencing jolting pain down my arms and across my boddy and the inside of my legs and tops of my knees are numb, its difficult to get into a neurosurgeon because I am in a new city and am always traveling for work, I need help what do you think is wrong and what should I do
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: im 25, in good health and shape
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not besides the c4 c5 fracture/fusion and the problems I am experiencing now
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you had a fracture and fusion surgery in your neck.

your pain and numbness symptoms could be due to scar tissue formation in the area of surgery pressing on your spinal cord or nerves.

you should see a neurologist or spine surgeon and get a new updated neck spine MRI scan to look for scar tissue and pressure on your nerves.

you may benefit from physical therapy of your neck as well.