Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have a swollen, red middle toe. The pain has increased to

Customer Question

I have a swollen, red middle toe. The pain has increased to the point where I am limping. The pain is on the underside of the toe past the joint. I saw a podiatrist and he gave me medicine for a toe fungus which I do have but it doesn't seem to address the toe pain. I have fungus in a toenail on the other foot and there isn't any pain at all. I tried to find more information about this online but didn't get relevant information. I have an appointment with the podiatrist in January but I don't want to wait.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Almost two months. Walking makes it worse.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have arthritis in my feet but not in this location as afar as I know.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?