Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have been told i have acromergaly and need surgery to

Customer Question

i have been told i have acromergaly and need surgery to remove tumor - thru my reading john hopkins is best for treatment ( thinking i have had for at least 12 years ) and having many issues how can i request going to john hopkins
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes - on a dr in camp hill pa
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing that i havent told him yet - currently on blood pressure medicine and thyriod ( about 13 years )
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: very bad - lots of stomache issues - joint pain in hands and feet also headaches and vision issues
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 6 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear of your Acromegaly and pituitary adenoma. John Hopkins is an excellent hospital and the treatment there is the best. The procedure you are faced with is removal of a benign tumor that is in your pituitary gland and it is not cancerous. The recovery is usually of short duration. Your doctor can make the referral to their Neurosurgical Team with a telephone call or letter describing your condition and the studies that have already been completed. The referral can be accomplished very quickly and easily.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Some additional thoughts. There is medication that can shrink Pituitary tumors so surgery can be avoided, but it is dependant on the size of the tumor.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Have you discussed treatment with your doctor?