Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I felt a tweak on the inside of my left ankle yesterday

Customer Question

I felt a tweak on the inside of my left ankle yesterday teaching ballet. Have some tendon swelling under or close to end of tibia bone and inflammation or small Serling or bump on arch of plantar ligament
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: I woke up to a sprained ankle- lateral side two weeks ago. Then began to get plantar inflammation but not plantar fasciitis on inside arch. Thought it was due to running shoes. Daily icing and chiro adjustments. He diagnosed as ankle sprain. Seeking was going down and improving over last 4 days with going back to my vibrams toe shoes. Pain was no longer felt in lateral side of left ankle and plantar ligament decreasing a lot in swelling- was just tender. Felt the tweak again yesterday teaching barre class- bare feet with socks. I have tried the 1 leg balance test for posterior tibial tendinitis tonight and I am able to rise up on my toes. The swelling in the plantar arch does feel more tender after.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had some sciatic pain over past 4 weeks or so which seemed to stem from my buttock region and hip misalignment
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 days ago.

just click send to reply