tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

My 5 year old daughter started to have spasm on her right

Customer Question

Hello doctor,
My 5 year old daughter started to have facial spasm on her right side. I noticed small mass on her right side of her neck just under the ear. I took her to a pediatrician. He saw an infection in her throat. He also ordered many blood tests which all came normal except for A.S.O.T = 400 lu/ml. He prescribed antibiotics and ibuprofen.
My question is: could this be the reason for the facial spasm where she involuntarily moves her right jaw and right bottom lip? Or there might be other causes?
Note: two weeks ago she also had right arm twitching that is the severity reduced in the last couple of days.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  tazechip replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

This doesn't sound like anything very serious and it wouldn't be related to the throat infection or the ASOT level unless she was having a fever and was a bit dehydrated

Otherwise, this may be from a magnesium deficiency so if I were her doctor I would check for that

Please let me know if you need any more information Mohamed