Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Do you take Blue cross Anthem? Yes many, but I just moved to

Customer Question

Do you take Blue cross Anthem?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes many, but I just moved to Ohio from Florida. Had laminectomy/discectomy in 2003. In constant pain, retired from my job and moved home (Mentor Ohio) I currently take gabapentin and hydrocodone for pain but I think I need another option for quality of life
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: since 2000.... only better laying down, don't want to lay down forever. I'm only 67 yrs old- meanial housework sets me back!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Im type 2 diabetic and have high bp
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 16 days ago.

I think that you intended this question for someone else.

You have posted this on a medical question and answer web site.

Can we provide any information that would be helpful?

Over the internet, we can discuss treatment options, but we cannot provide any prescriptions.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don't want any scripts- just trying to figure out if surgery is my only option and how to get it paid for! I'm in unbearable pain all the time and the worse part is my leg where it got messed up due to my car accident- it never stops! Help!!!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I do have a lawsuit against the kid that hit me. State Farm and Allstate are paying my medical but Anthem doesn't want to hear about a car accident!! And no one takes 3rd party and my atty wants me to take action on it!! Help!! (###) ###-####

There are several treatment options that can be considered. Certainly, gabapentin is a common medicine used to ease chronic pain from a variety of underlying causes. There are other anticonvulsants, but there also are certain antideoressants that can help, such as amitriptyline or duloxetine.

Depending upon the specific cause, it also may help to perform certain injections, such as either steroid or numbing medicines.

As for coverage, when someone is having medical problems from a car accident, it is usually the automobile insurance that is responsible for the medical bills, rather than the medical insurance carrier.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Right! I was seeing a great Neurological Group in Daytona Beach and had 2 pain injections with a little relief. My doctor there said he wants me to get a Neurosurgeon and that's the point I was at when I moved to my sons home. (My husband passed away) so I sold my home and moved. ... I don't understand why my BCBS Anthem won't cover me for an auto accident and no one here takes 3rd party ins.. Allstate will pay all my claims and State Farm (the kids insurance co.) pays Allstate.....so???? How do I get help without lying?? My medical doctors nurse whispered to me "don't say anything about a car accident- I'm confused- help!!

It is the way that insurances are written. The doctors did not set up the system. They are having to work within the same constraints that you are. Your attorney may be able to intercede with the insurance companies, but the usual situation is that the medical insurance will expect the automobile insurance to be responsible for the situation.

If the doctor in Daytona Beach thought that it was time to see a surgeon, then it would be appropriate to see a surgeon in your new location.