tazechip
tazechip, Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Burning,stabbing pain down both legs,,In the front of leg,

Customer Question

Burning,stabbing pain down both legs,,In the front of leg
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: No swelling per say,a little in the left knee,had all this for about 3-4 days,has had 2 surgerys ,lower back the past yr, laser type,walked out both times all was fine.......
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Has neuroapathy,,for last 8 yrs
Category: Neurology
Expert:  tazechip replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

This is obviously either a nerve root or a spinal cord compression problem, or both.

For now you need as much bed rest as possible, but I consider this an emergency situation and you need either to call your doctor or get to an emergency room for an emergency MRI of your lumbar spine. This could be one or more ruptured disks or spinal stenosis--a narrowing of the spinal canal--and it may be a surgical emergency so please don't wait to see if things improve.

Please let me know if you need any more information