Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

My husband has recovered from a stroke last January (2016)

Customer Question

My husband has recovered from a stroke last January (2016) and is wondering why he is
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He's wondering why he only had one follow up with the neurologist --no further follow up scheduled
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He had OT & PT weekly for a few months --vertical artery totally blocked --age 46---now some numb spots on left side but functions well /can do everything --no limitations
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “Post stroke follow up” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Sorry to hear your husband had a stroke, but good to see he has overall recovered well, with some residual minor deficits

I see that his vertebral artery is blocked

Treatment wise I see he is undergoing PT/OT

It sounds like he has had only one follow up after his stroke. I can understand you guys are anxious to make sure everything is going fine with his neurological health & his current management so a follow up with his neurologist is an appropriate thing to do now

The neurologist in the clinic can examine him and make sure he is progressing well, can make sure all relevant stroke related investigations have been done & results have been reviewed, and also make sure he is receiving all proper treatments as prescribed.

So I fully concur with you, following up with his neurologist is the correct thing to do now, you guys please call his neurologist’s office and try to set up an appointment soon.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 28 days ago.

Hi, Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss further this health situation related to the neurological care of your husband. And please do not forget to click a positive rating for my services to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too and I will be very glad to continue helping you as long as you need my services.

Best regards,

Customer/p>