Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Are there any definitive tests for parkinsons? I've seen to

Customer Question

are there any definitive tests for parkinsons?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I've seen to a neurologist for nerve conductivity test plus a brain MRI that revealed nothing. No meds, I'm supposed to follow up in 4 months
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: about how my body is responding?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no history of anything like this that I'm aware of with my family
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 29 days ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How old are you?

M/F?

Why do you feel you have parkinsons?

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
hi there, my left hand and fingers are less responsive over the last 4-5 months. age: 43 Male
I went to a neurologist who did nerve conductiivy type "zap" tests and found nohting wrong, then did a brain MRI also nothing. My left arm doens't quite move as much as my right when I walk as well. Supposed to follow up with doc in 4 months
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
no meds or other issues
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
anyone there? I just paid for this.

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS