tazechip
tazechip,
Experience:  dasdasd
18722459

I have been having these intermittent sharp pains at the rt.

Customer Question

I have been having these intermittent sharp pains at the rt. temporal lobe and the base of my neck. Seems to be most painful at night where it keeps me awake. I have tried OTC remedies without success. This has gone on now for about 1-2 weeks. What causes it? I check my B/P and it seems fine 116/78
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: Its been going on now for about 1-2 weeks. I do have a small amount of neurpathy at my rt. thigh.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Hypertension, controlled by meds. I also have some spondylithyisis(sp) at L 4-5 which I have tried to manage with exercise.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  tazechip replied 27 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

This is most likely a type of tension headache from spasm of your neck muscles but it may also be a sign of a disk problem in your neck so you need this to be evaluated and to get an MRI scan of yur cervical spine.

About 95% of all headaches are painful but not dangerous but you need to have this evaluated with an exam and the MRI if the doctor thinks that's warranted.

Please let me know if you need any more information and please remember to rate my service to you.