Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was seen in ER last night for right arm pain, dizziness &

Customer Question

I was seen in ER last night for right arm pain, dizziness & headache. Dizziness was I was dehydrated bc I was overly busy, not caring for self. They did IV of fluids. Headache cured by aspirin. Given some muscle relaxer & shot of lidocaine in arm. Gave prescriptions of flexeril plus ibuprofen to relieve swelling. Rt arm has burning sensation & pain when try to lift it above head at times. Intermittent tingling in rt hand with numbness added today. Do I go to my pcp or ortho surgeon or just rest to see if it is pinched nerve with rest healing it?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: No. this is new & sudden.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have hashimoto'/ & take naturthrroid. All labs look good in that. I work out & am pretty healthy.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 25 days ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 25 days ago.

You are right this can be pinched nerve but dizziness and headache can be associated with transient ischemic attack so i would recommend you to see your PCP for thorough evaluation to rule out anything serious and to be on safe side. Take lots of fluids and prescribed medications.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 25 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I have no follow up questions. However, I wish you would have read my question to you better. I informed you that dehydration/dizziness was bc I did not care for self during day and was corrected with IV of fluids. Headache was corrected with aspirin. The only symptom still present was the pain in the arm plus the numbing/tingling sensation in fingers. I only wanted to know if a follow up visit with my PCP was needed and how long the healing typically takes. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 25 days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

I hope you are feeling better now. Followup for numbness and tingling is needed and if it is pinched nerve healing would depend on the cause of the issue. An acute problem like you are suffering can heal in a week time.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.