Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

Is it okay to take Tylenol 3 days before a hip replacement

Customer Question

Is it okay to take Tylenol 3 days before a hip replacement surgery. My doctor said no Advil, but is Tykenol ok?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Actually you can take tylenol safely up until the day of replacement because it would not increase the risk of bleeding during the surgery itself. So to simply answer your question, yes tylenol CAN be used safely before hip replacement surgery and there is NO contraindication to its use.

Also one more thing if you are on any supplements like vitamin E, gingko biloba, ginseng, glucosamine and fish oil, you need to STOP using these NOW.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional information you require, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating