Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

My 34 year old son has had severe hyperfusion according to

Customer Question

My 34 year old son has had severe hyperfusion according to two SPECT scans and has been disabled because he can not think and he onstantly feels like his brain is not getting enough blood flow/ He tends to binge eat because that temporarily relieve his suffering because of hte glucose. In any case, we hve tried HBOT, lyme antiobiotics, and other treatments, but although they work for a while, they always fail eventually. He cannot live like this much longer and suffer daily. I have been trying to get an opinion on whether there could be some kind of sugery that could help increase the blood flow and make him able top have some kind of normal life.
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: When Dan was 16, he developed anorexia and was a soccer player and these problems have been going on since then. He feels like his whole brain is taken over by feelings of suffocation and not being able to think. Adderall seems to help a little, but he tends to abuse it because he is so glad to be feeling a little more normal/ He lives with me and after 40 GBOT treatments
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 27 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 27 days ago.

a stent in his brain would not help his neurological symptoms.