Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

My uncle (59 years old) has had a severe brain hemorrhage.

Customer Question

My uncle (59 years old) has had a severe brain hemorrhage. He is being currently treated in India. I was wondering if you could have a word with my uncle's doctor and advise on the best course of action.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Im sorry to hear about your uncle. I can give you some information about your uncle which you can then relay to the doctors treating him, let me know if that works for you. Also if you are agreeable to this then i would need some additional information like what is his conscious level? Does he have any infections right now? Also is he on mechanical ventilatory support?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello
I would ideally prefer to get you on a conference call with my uncle's doctor. Is that possible?
Conscious level: I have been told he is "brain dead"
Infections: I don't know but Anti-biotic injection "monnitol" administered every 3 hrs
Ventilatory support: I don't know right now

Unfortunately i wont be able to do a conference call as i am in the hospital right now

Mannitol is a drug used to reduce the pressure in the brain, it is not an antibiotic it is infact a osmotic diuretic

Regarding the ventilatory support, it would open up a couple of options in his management.

Let me know if i should proceed with suggestions regarding his management

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you can give me good time/number, I can get hold of the Dr in India and call you. Would that work?

Well i will be busy all day today (Tuesday) so it will be difficult for me to get into a call. But i will opt out so you can find an expert who is free and able to talk to the doctors in india. Dont reply to this message as that will lock the question back to me. Another expert should be along shortly to help you out.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear of your uncle's neurological problem. If you are still interested in having a conference call, you may set it up with JA and I am available today for you.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your uncle's medical problem(s) are resolved soon and he feels better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

I hope your uncle is doing better.