Dr. S.A.Alam
Dr. S.A.Alam, Senior registrar
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)
16248889

My right thumb has been uncontrollably spasming for weeks.

Customer Question

My right thumb has been uncontrollably spasming for weeks. Outside of some pain between my shoulder blades, I don't have any pain accompanying the condition. I recently got a blood work and physical done and everything else checked out. Should I be concerned?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. S.A.Alam replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, this is called trigger finger, it happens when you excessively use these fingers or have done forceful work, It is caused by repeated spasm of the finger muscles and it need local application of oil for message of finger, in most cases this message is enough to treat this problem. If this problem persists despite 2 weeks of message then you may have to go for local injection of botulinium toxin to control the symptoms. Thank you.