Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Bad contusion to my right leg could it aggravate my nerves

Customer Question

Bad contusion to my right leg could it aggravate my nerves and my previous exsisting herniated disc L2-L3.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I allso have Sciatica. I never had anything
Like this.my popow said it did not cause the L2 L3 herniated disc.But probably
Aggravated it.
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “Aggravation of preexisting symptoms after severe contusion to the right leg” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns;

1) How long ago the contusion to the leg occurred? What exactly happened and how is your leg now? And what part of the leg is injured?

2) How much your disc related symptoms are worse since this leg injury? Are you seeing a major deterioration of the symptoms since this leg injury?

3) Have you had any scans of the back recently done and also have you had any nerve and muscle test called as EMG/Nerve conduction test?

4) What are your current treatments? And also could you give me a list of all treatments that you have already tried to treat the pain and any other symptoms you are having secondary to the leg injury and the back conditions?