- Consider freezing a plastic water bottle and rolling it under your foot. This helps with inflammation and also stretches tissues
- Try inserting orthotics into the shoes you wear. This will helps to disperse body weight evenly over the underfoot.
- Stretch the affected body parts. Slowly, Thoroughly, and Regularly
- Regular dosing with anti-inflammatory medications helps reduce inflammation and improves comfort.
- Consider consulting with a Physical Therapist or Exercise Therapist for additional support and guidance with stretching and strengthening.
An Example Home-Treatment Regimen
- Sleep for a goal 8-10 hours, (daytime naps are healthy)
- If needed, consider elevating the injury with pillows
- Take at least 1 hot bath/shower every other day
- Drink water continuously throughout the day, avoid caffeine/alcohol. Goal is clear urine
- Add at least 5 minutes of dedicated stress relief daily
- Achieve at least 20 minutes of moderate exercise every day
Here is a selection of orthopedic stretches and exercises for you: