Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I am 51 & I have suuferred fro severe muscle spasams of the

Customer Question

Hi , My name is***** am 51 & I have suuferred fro severe muscle spasams of the inner thigh. These happen after a lot of time that I am on my feet. Now I hydrate properly by starting the night before I am going to be walking for about 6 hrs..I drink before during & after my time on my feet. when I get home & relax. then go to get up I get unbearable pain in my inner thigh. I am not ashamed to admit that it almost reduces me to tears. What I would like to know is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening & when it does happen is there anthing that can be taken to relieve them. These episodes last for anywhere from 5 to 10 min. & are excruciating. hope you can help.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: This has happened on an off for a few yeasr but only after a long day of walking. when I stretch my leg this seems to get rid of it but takes a very long time & when they come simutaneousl in both thighs it is the worst pain I have expetienced
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing. not taking any medication or anything of that nature.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what meds do you take if any?

just click send to reply