Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I sleep on my right side and lately my left hand swells up.

Customer Question

I sleep on my right side and lately my left hand swells up. I do have some pain in my left thumb. Virgil 85 years old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Can you attach the photos here? Exactly what part of your left hand si swollen? Does anything make it better or worse? Numbness or tingling? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5' 11, 195lb , have lost 10 lbs, my entire hand,have not done anything to it or for it, has been about the same for a few weeks.Picture will not send
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

Numbness or tingling? Exactly where is the pain in your left thumb? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? Does anything make it better or worse? What is it like? Does it radiate to somewhere else? When you press the area, do you have pain? Can you move joints in your left thumb? Joint swelling? Warm joints? Joint redness?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a smart phone. No one answered when I picked up the phone. Call me after 10 AM Monday. at(###) ###-####
I have been to the Mayo Clinic many times. My Mayo # is 3-662-651
Customer
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 month ago.

The other expert has opted out.

Are you taking any chronic medicines?