Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Just received the death certificate for my husband, who

Customer Question

Just received the death certificate for my husband, who passed the 8th of Oct. They list the cause of death Parkinson's (never diagnosed0 decubitus, and encephalopathy or encephaluphy. Did he passed from a lack of oxygen to the brain?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry for the loss of your husband

lack of oxygen to the brain is called hypoxia.

encephalopathy means the brain was not working properly. this could be due to infection or dehdyration or liver failure or many other potential causes.

decubitus means he had a sore on his back side from not turning over and these can often become infected.

sometimes the doctors in the hospital who care for patients don't know the patients as well as doctors who treat the patients for years in the office. you can make an appointment to talk to his doctor face to face in the office to get a more clear explanation of his passing.