Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

How to get rid of a minor ear infection?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have these symptoms of minor ear infection?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Male, 59 years old. One week.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I gust want a writen answer, thank you!
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

Most ear infections go away on their own.Before treating it with antibiotics,see if the infection clears up on its own.You can treat it at home with an over-the-counter pain reliever like acetaminophen (such as Tylenol), a warm washcloth or heating pad on the ear, and rest.Antibiotics are not advised in most cases. This is because in most cases the infection clears within 7-10 days on its own.As you have this infection since a week ago,I advise you to wait & watch for next 3-4 days & follow the above described measures.This will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your ENT doctor as prescription oral medications & antibiotics will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No alcohol drops will help a bit?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,rubbing alcohol gently swiped around the infection helps dry up the moisture that is feeding the bacteria.

Put a few drops of rubbing alcohol or rubbing alcohol mixed with an equal amount of white vinegar(if you have it) into the ear.Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes, then tilt your head to let it drain out. This will help you greatly.

Also follow the above measures to treat this mild ear infection.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Have you instilled alcohol drops?

Have you taken tab.Acetaminophen as described above?

And please do not forget to leave positive rating(3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you to we only get after positive feedback).

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh