Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

For the past 2 years or so, my husband complains that I tilt

Customer Question

For the past 2 years or so, my husband complains that I tilt my neck to the left when I walk sometimes. I notice I am usually deep in thought about something when he reminds me. I am 67 years old and don't know if this would be a neurologic problem or a muscle or spinal one. It looks weird in photographs, I know.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Do you have any pictures?

do you have any pain when doing this or any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a picture if I can figure out how to send it. Sorry, I'm tech inept. I don't have much pain, but lower back pain on the rt. side, and they say I have arthritis in the neck and spine and some herniating discs. I take 300mg. of lithium, 3 trazadones, 2 mirtazapines to sleep. I guess what sticks in my mind is I had a neuropsych. test in 2008 where they told me I had some weakness in my right brain hemisphere, and it was getting worse. I thought from that it might be my brain?? Most the time I walk regularly, but not all the time. I notice my head always gravitates to the left when I meditate. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, my chiropractor didn't seem to interested in my symptoms, I think because I'm old. That's about it, I think.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh, yeah. I basically didn't even know what kind of doctor to contact. Someone that does brain imaging, but I forget the name of the places and I'm sure they're beaucoup expensive. A psychiatrist? I doubt it as his case load is the size of the football stadium. Also, I have Adult ADD for sure, and the bi-polar is very mild.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm done.

Thank you for that additional information.

I do not believe that this is from your brain so no need to worry about that.

I think that the best place to start would be to bring the pictures of how you hold your head and tilt your neck to the left to your primary care MD for a good physical exam. If she finds anything of note on exam she might want to do an imaging study of your head and neck, such as an MRI.

The bot***** *****ne?

From what you have posted I do not think this represents anything serious.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS