Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I was diagnosed with a very rare form of dysautonomia called

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with a very rare form of dysautonomia called automatic storm about 10 years ago by a brilliant neurologist in Alabama. I have just moved back home to Tennessee, about half way between Knoxville and Chattanooga, and am distraught over finding a new neurologist who is knowledgeable in this rare disease, much less has even heard of it. Can you help me please?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you have a rare neuropathy and can't find medical help. May I suggest you contact:

John H. Dougherty, Jr., MD

865/305-6740

University of Tennessee Medical Center.

I'm sure he can help you.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I researched Dr. Dougherty and can find no evidence that he cares for patients with autonomic storm. I am a retired Internist myself, and I seek the best of care possible in this area. I certainly understand that autonomic storm is extremely rare, in the non-brain dead anyway, but I really was hoping for someone who had made some advances in the last 10 years so I don't have to drive back to Alabama every 6 to 12 months.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, I will opt out and give another expert a chance to offer you help.