khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

My daughter is 26 months. She had enlarged lateral

Customer Question

My daughter is 26 months. She had enlarged lateral ventricles in the brain when I was carrying her and was born at 30 weeks.When she was about 4 months we took her to the ER because we could not get her to calm down, they did an ultrasound of her brain and it said her ventricles were measuring 16mm and 19mm and there was marked hydrocephalus. We followed up with the neurosurgeon who followed her in the NICU. I gave him the disk of the new pictures of her brain but I am not sure if her got a copy of the report that said she had marked hydrocephalus.He reviewed the disk and said her ventricles were stable, she didn't need any additional tests. But he had us come back at 6 months and again at one year. Both times her head measured large on the scale but within normal limits and remained on the same growth trajectory. He said she did not have hydrocephalus. I am scared something was missed and brain damage has been ongoing all this time. She is a happy 2 year old. Pretty much caught up developmentally.Should I have her reevaluated? Seeing marked hydrocephalus on her chart has me concerned
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

Since she is a happy 2 year old and pretty much caught up developmentally, you don't need to worry about it. Reassured.