Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I went to an optician and they said I have a slight

Customer Question

Hi I went to an optician and they said I have a slight astigmatism well I read a lot and I am afraid to wear the glasses cause I haven't worn glasses before and I already suffer from imbalance and vertigo constantly. Am I making things worse or is it not related to the dizziness that is preexisting?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 4 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. Vision changes can be frustrating especially to an avid reader. Are you having vision changes such as blurred vision and are the changes new or have they been present for a while. Developing astigmatism (irregular shape - flat and elevated portions of the cornea) at your age would be unusual. The dizziness is not related to astigmatism, only blurred vision at any distance. May I suggest a visit to an Ophthalmologist for an examination to determine exactly what 's causing your vision change.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you