Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Neurologist please

Customer Question

neurologist please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
With essential tremor, is it normal to have muscle tightness and cognitive problems such as trouble finding words, or is this a symptom of something else?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Are you a male or a female? Does the tremor occur when you are resting or trying to do something? When did they start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered them? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
35 year old female, 5'7", 130 lbs. Tremor only occurs when trying to do something. Started 5 years ago with a slight tremor in right hand, in the past year+ the tremor is almost every day, more severe, both hands affected but right one more so, and sometimes in my neck and head. They get worse with stress, anxiety, lack of sleep etc. But often I wake up felling just fine and still shake.I have had migraines since I was 13 and believe I get silent migraines as well so the cognitive problems could be from this.
No surgeries.
5 years ago I had a Migraine that mimicked a stroke, which led me to get an MRI, the results of which were a clear healthy brain.
I get ovarian cysts a lot, probably unrelated.I have had my hormones tested, & an EGG, normal results.
I did see a Neurologist early this year, who told me it was probably conversion disorder.
I DO NOT HAVE CONVERSION DISORDER. THIS IS NOT THE VICTORIAN AGE.
He prescribed primidone, I had a bad reaction- mania, my pupils dilated and it generally made me feel uncomfortable. I stopped taking it after the first day.For the past year+ I have been taking half a .5 xanax when I need to, which is usually at least once a day, no more than 3 times a day, and sometimes I go a whole week without needing it.
xanax does not get me high and I do not abuse it. It has been the only reliable thing that has helped me.I am going to start taking propanalol tomorrow.I just want to know WHEN or IF I should get further testing.My fear is that I am developing MS.Thank you for your time.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 month ago.

Essential tremor seems to be correct. Do you have fatigue?