Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My lower back is aching. What can I do to help with the pain

Customer Question

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long you have this pain in lower back?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having pain in lower back is most likely due to acute lumbar strain causing stretching injury to the ligaments, tendons, and/or muscles of the low back. It is one of the most common causes of low back pain.

Another possibility is of lumbar radiculopathy.It is nerve irritation that is caused by damage to the discs between the vertebrae or it can occur when the nerves of the lumbar spine are irritated by mechanical cause or disease.

You need Nerve testing (EMG/electromyogram),radiology testing, such as X-ray of lower back.

Following will help you to relieve this lower back pain:

• Take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter.
  • Apply heat in the form of a warm wash cloth applied to the area for 10 minutes or so 2 or 3 times a day increase blood flow to the area allowing to subside the inflammation
  • Apply analgesic gel such as diclofenac sodium twice a day
  • Have bed rest as much as possible.

All these medications are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor to have X-ray & other tests and prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.How is your back pain now? Have you taken these above described medications?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating(3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh