Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Need guidance in deciding which specialist to bring my adult

Customer Question

Need guidance in deciding which specialist to bring my adult daughter to for diagnosis.
She had some sort of (only event that occurred was minimal bouncing on a small trampoline) brain/cervical spine/facial injury approx. a year and a half ago.
All cranial nerves were involved -- vision/hearing/balance/extreme pain in face and mouth.
Symptoms have improved but not resolved. She still experiences balance/vision problems as well as facial/mouth pain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

I understand your concern. I would recommend you to see a pediatric neuro physician and get a thorough examination of your daughter along with getting MRI of brain and upper spine and nerve conduction studies. Pain physician can help in offering nerve blocks for neurological pain but first of all exact diagnosis need to be made and a pediatric neurophysician would do that.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My daughter's an adult -- so i'm assuming that would be a neuro which is, of course, an obvious choice. Is there a sub-specialty that would be a greater benefit. She has already seen a neurologist with no results.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Neuro physician is itself a sub-speciality. You need to see a good neurophysician and tell him whole history for further evaluation.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.