DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, MD with 30 years of experience
Experience:  MD with 30 years of experience in medicine,Diagnositics.
4713694

For the last few months I have had an uncomfortable right

Customer Question

Hi, for the last few months I have had an uncomfortable right breast. so much so that I have struggle sleeping to the point where I have to sleep on it a certain way to get to sleep. I asked my mother when it started happening if I should be worried and she said no but since it has been ongoing for the last 3 months im getting a bit worried now. Any ideas? During the day it seems fine but night time is where it is uncomfortable. No pain.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I have had the uncomfortable breast for 3 months, at night time it seems that lying on it a certain way is the only way to be comfortabl
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DoctorAnil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have any tenderness,lump formation,nipple discharge?

Do you have neck stiffness,arm pain?

Nausea,vomiting,heartburn?

Are you taking any medications?

History of heavy weight lifting?

Are your periods regular?

Tight fitted clothes/bras?

Any rash under breast?

Smoking and alcohol consumption?

Cough?

Is pain continuous throughout the day or intermittent?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HelloI am 27 years old
tender breast which is just my right breast, its not painful just really uncomfortable.
no neck stiffness/arm pain
no nausia/vomiting or heartburn
no weight lifting
regular periods
no rash
smoke and drink rarely
I am a size 8 NZ, Not hugely tight clothes just snug
No cough
uncomfortable time is mainly noticeable at nighttime. it is every night not just random

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,breast discomfort in a specific posture like lying position only and rest of time symptoms free; point it to be muscle origin pain.

Other possible cause may include hormonal changes.

Warm compresses, local analgesic cream, Ibuprofen should be able to take care of it.

The other possibility is costochondritis-inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum.

Now as you are suffering from last few months with no relief then it's good to see your doctor for a clinical examination and ultrasound,mammogram should be done for a precautionary measure.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.