Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I'm 30 years old, I have noticed my right eyelid drooping

Customer Question

Hi, I'm 30 years old, I have noticed my right eyelid drooping slightly recently and the back right side of my brain aches slightly during the day.
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I haven't had any problems in the past as far as I know
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “Drooping of right eyelid & the aching of the head” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns;

1) Any other symptoms like eye pain, double vision, facial drooping, numbness or loss of sensation over the face, difficulty with swallowing or speech difficulties, or any other new or unusual symptoms?

2) Any medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol etc?

3) Any loss or reduced sweating on the right side of face?

4) Any trauma or injuries to the right eye or head region?

5) Approximately for how long you are having these symptoms?

6) You have mentioned some aching of the back right side of the head, but do you experience severe headache on the right side, especially that wakes you up from the sleep?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1. Symptoms that I have noticed are, a dull ache on the back right side on of my head, the top of the eyeballs start tingling when I am trying to sleep. My vision is getting more short sighted however I have been short sighted since I was a teenagager and it could also be from staring at the computer screen all day.
2. No, but both of my parents passed away from cancer.
3. Not that I have noticed.
4. I used to have a lot of migraines during my teenage years, notcing that it would mostly be on the right side.
5. A few months
6. No severe headaches

Thanks for all these information and the picture, One more question, is the headache you are having similar to the migraine you used to have before, or do you feel this is different?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wouldn't really call it a headache, but a dull ache although it seems to be sharp and focused on one area, yes it's different to the migraines I used to have a long time ago.

Okay I see. Thanks for all these additional information! I am preparing the answer, I am typing it now and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready

Okay I am ready; I am posting my answer here;

There is only a very mild drooping in this picture, nothing major really, and the aching feeling is mild too, so your symptoms may not be related to any underlying serious pathologies. Minor symptoms & minor manifestations like this may sometimes occur without any underlying pathologies too.

However since these are new manifestations so it is better to get this investigated to rule out any neurological possibilities. Dropping of the eye lid can occur if there is injury to third cranial nerve (oculomotor nerve), or injury to the sympathetic nerve supply to the eye lid. The aching sensation on the head can be some local musculoskeletal causes or there are other possibilities too.

Since these are new symptoms so you need a thorough examination by a neurologist in the clinic followed by certain relevant investigations that may include an MRI of the brain and any other relevant investigations as necessary and then treated appropriately depending upon the test results.

And please see symptoms like drooping of eye lid & aching sensation over the head etc do not automatically mean there is an underlying serious condition, in fact on many occasions these type of symptoms are related to some benign non-serious conditions which can be treated/cured, however considering these are new symptoms so you may try to see a neurologist as soon as possible so that you can receive a thorough clinical examination and also certain relevant investigations too as pointed above (MRI of the brain etc) and once final precise diagnosis is made it will be treated appropriately. An early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick and complete cure so please try to see a neurologist as soon as possible. All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi, please let me know if you have any further questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>