Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans

I had a heart attack the end of Aug of this year and in

Customer Question

hello! i had a heart attack the end of Aug of this year and in hospital fell on my back. a week later I had a stroke which affected my left side. i have been taking physical, OT and speech therapy, all causing pain. Walking does also. i dont know who I sould see for the oain as my family doctor is out of tiwn. i also have scoliosis
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: tylenol helps. pain since the fall end of aUG
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 10 days ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. The pain which you are experiencing can be due to the residual effects of the stroke or even due to other issues such as an autoimmune disorder which you do have. Now the best person to manage this sort of pain would be a pain management specialist, who is well versed in managing pain of ALL types especially pain which is of a chronic variety.

For right now, you can try using OTC ibuprofen and naproxen for immediate relief from this pain until you get in to see the pain management specialist. He can determine if TENS therapy alongwith other modalities can be beneficial for you.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,