Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I am having body twitches predominately in the muscle

Customer Question

I am having body twitches predominately in the muscle between my thumb and index finger. Twitches are occurring else where, but not nearly as often as they are in the hand. There is no noticeable weakness or fatigue, and stress/anxiety is high
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: My health has always been very good. Never even had the flu before!
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No there is nothing else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

high stress and anxiety symptoms can cause benign fasciculations and twitching of small muscles and nerves under your skin anywhere in your body.

lack of sleep, excessive fatigue, dehydration, lack of potassium and magnesium in your system can do this as well.

you may benefit from more regular exercise and drinking more water and fluids to help decrease anxiety and help you sleep better at night time

these benign fasciculation twitching of your nerves and muscles are not dangerous.

let me know if you have questions.