Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have epilepsy plus I suffer from former injuries due to a

Customer Question

I have epilepsy plus I suffer from former injuries due to a car accident, stroke, and sergury for a way to stop the seisures. what is yor answer of this to me?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I have. The doctor believes this is not a good thing to do He thinks this a drug to which would cause me to go to other drugs. I take several drugs, phenobarbital,citalopram, Zonisamide,
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have depresson very bad due to a bad incident in marrige, he was an abuser both mentaly ant physical. this has left me a very sad person. All of this plus I cannot drive due to the seisurs.
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: My seisures began when I was 11, the battering from my husband lasted 17 years and ended 1986. I have had broken bones from a car accident in 1973, and brain surgery in 2008 to try to help with the siesures, then in 2012 when I was working , the company was trying to see if they could make me quit, but before that happened I had a stroke and have spent the last 5 years unable to be free of being depressed. I had gon to counciling befor both married and in the past 5 years and somtimes it feels good but does not last.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 13 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

how can I help?

what is your question?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Could you be able to give the medication of canabas
I have used marrijana many years ago ( 1974 ) so I know that it did not cause me harm. I felt better in many ways.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 13 days ago.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I take three meds for seisures one for depressen one to help me sleep asparin for my heart .
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have the blackout type spell but this did not start until medications were changed over n over to try to help. Also I suffer from depression which started from marriage abuse. I have had a broken back from a car accident many years ago but my back has always hurt so,
,some nights of sleep can be a unrestful night. I will take pain pills for this, but my pill trays are full. In 2008 I was still driving and had an accident. I went off the road not knowing at all that I did , that was in a blackout. It was about a year later that I tried brain surgery to try to end my problem, but during the start they said I had a stroke so they stopped. Now it is ten years later of staying at home ,not being able to have that freedom to go as I please.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
please email me rather than call

I can't email but we can skype if you would like.