Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

I had an argument with my son's Great Dane last Monday. He's

Customer Question

I had an argument with my son's Great Dane last Monday. He's a very sweet dog, but when he wants to go one way and I want to go another, we go, er...his way. This time I ended up face down on a concrete driveway. I had major bruising on my left knee, but the joint didn't hurt (it's titanium anyway) and worked. My hand was also bruised, but it's pretty much healed up. On Thursday I had to drive to my oncologist, and on the way home I noticed many, many more bruises showing up on my shin and calf below the knee. Now it looks like one solid blue sausage. It's hot and it's achy. Because I have Multiple Myeloma and am on Revlimid, I am at risk for DVT, so I went in yesterday and had an ultrasound, which ruled that out. (why do they do an ultrasound ABOVE the knee when the problem is BELOW it?). So I don't have a DVT, but the bruising is still there...some of 'em really high on the technicolor scale. What can cause this?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: So, basically, we have an MM patient on Revlimid with a titanium knee replacement, a fall causing bruises. She presents with more new bruising four days after the injury. DVT has been ruled out.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Swelling? Some. Could be worse, and is confined to the area of bruising between knee and ankle. It just aches a bit. Weird. neither cold nor heat make much difference.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take a baby aspirin every day...hmnn. MM, no DVT, fall, bruises...what else do you think the Doc would want to know? Thank you.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 16 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 13 days ago.

just click send to reply